Are you a meticulous and experienced Administrator with excellent attention to detail? Keen to work in the public sector/local government? We have an exciting opportunity to work within a busy department of a client based in Newport. Offering full time hours, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for their next career move. If you are happy to take on a temporary contract, are immediately available for work and are able to demonstrate the below skill set, don't hesitate; apply today
- To undertake administrative support for the function/team to support the smooth operation of the property function.
- To ensure that printed documentation is available as required for example, picking lists, labels in order that movement of property is undertaken in an efficient way.
- To undertake administrate duties in the day to day recording, retention, review and secure disposal of property and case related documents.
- To undertake reception services, answer and direct telephone calls and ensure officers and members of the public are dealt with in a professional and responsive manner.
- To utilise the property IT system on a daily basis ensuring that it is correctly maintained to reflect the status of property recorded.
- To assist in the maintenance of all user manuals and online documentation relating to the Force property system.
- To assist in the auditing of all property stores (local or central) including the specialised stores for drugs, firearms, and forensic samples.
- To take day to day responsibility for the ordering, distribution and replenishment of consumables used in the seizure, preservation and storage of property.
- To take day to day responsibility to ensure that consumables, appropriate to their needs and best practice, are distributed to specialist units throughout the Force.
Demonstrates a real belief in public service, focusing on what matters to the public and will best serve their interests.
Understands the expectations, changing needs and concerns of different communities, and strives to address them.
Builds public confidence by talking with people in local communities to explore their viewpoints and break down barriers between them and the police.
Understands the impact and benefits of policing for different communities, and identifies the best way to deliver services to them.
Works in partnership with other agencies to deliver the best possible overall service to the public
You MUST be a very strong Administrator
You MUST be IT literate in Microsoft packages
To utilise the property IT system on a daily basis ensuring that it is correctly maintained to reflect the status of property recorded.
Recording, retention, review and secure disposal of property and case related documents in line with CPIA, Police Property Act, POFA legislation, PACE, and MOPI legislation.
Audit property long term storage facilities
Maintain a register of property that is disposed of that isn't recorded on the property system
Ability to utilise Force System (Niche/Guardian/ORIS/PNC) to ascertain the status of property
Awareness of health and Safety Legislation - how property is stored
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.