An Environmental Scientist is required to identify, analyse and interpret problems effectively and determine appropriate action for your solution. As the Environmental Scientist you will manage specific projects to include cost appraisal and where appropriate support on additional projects, whether in the absence of colleagues or as part of a team.
The successful Environmental Scientist you will be pro-active in your client management, maintaining good communication throughout the life-cycle of project, being aware of the Client's needs and providing regular progress reports and confirming any variances as they arise.
Environmental Scientists Responsibilities & Experience
- Accountable for management and performance of projects and continued delivery of a high quality service, providing clear, commercially focused solution.
- Review of technical reports, letters, purchase orders, proposals and general correspondence prepared by others, prior to submission to management for formal review.
- Undertake all aspects of fieldwork in accordance with the Quality System / SOPs, as necessary, including the gathering of all necessary data for site investigations
- Responsible for procurement and management of subcontractors, as requested by relevant project manager and in liaison with Contracts Manager
- Work will be undertaken in the office and on remote field sites as required.
- Have an understanding of commercial risk issues and able to demonstrate commercial awareness in need to save project costs wherever possible.
- Provide routine care, maintenance and calibration of all field equipment
- Ensure subcontractors provide method statements and H&S risk assessments prior to any works and that these procedures are followed throughout the works.
- Have an Environmental Scientists degree or have gained previous suitable experience.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.