The Enterprise Architect is responsible for the architecture of all solutions within a Product Line and ensuring it is aligned with the Enterprise Architecture defined by the Chief Architect.
The Enterprise Architect is a senior position dealing with our largest and most complex programs and opportunities, and as such is a recognised as a technology expert, subject matter expert and thought leader, providing technical consultancy to the engineering and business teams.
The Enterprise Architect role engages with senior R&D, Product Management and business stakeholders to ensure the technical architecture and data modelling supports the execution of critical and transformative business functions. The Enterprise Architect is a specialist in solution and service design, leveraging an up-to-date knowledge of applicable technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- System/device/application architecture ensures compliance with applicable data privacy and security laws and regulations.
- Applications and application interfaces (APIs) meet industry standards required to protect customer data and meet compliance and legal obligations.
- Applications data input and output security, encryption methodologies stored locally (device), in transit (network) and persisted (database) is defined.
- Data processing functions are documented end-to-end per data flow.
- Extensive experience in the development of software
- Experience in architecting full stack solutions
- AWS or Azure design and delivery experience desirable (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science (or a related field).
- Cloud certification desirable (e.g. AWS or Azure Architect certification)
- TOGAF certification desirable
- Proficient in the use of UML 2.1
- Experience in the use of Enterprise Architect (Sparx Systems) desirable
- Extensive software development experience utilizing Agile and DevOps, CI / CD
- Understanding of Cloud Security best practices
- Knowledge of a wide array of Infrastructure and Platform technologies including distributed data stores, container management and serverless architecture.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure automation
- Knowledge of IaaS and Private Cloud solutions
- Experience of application migration to Cloud.
- Expertise in developing technology roadmaps
- Experience of Kubernetes design and deployment
- Experience of Identity & access management
- Experience of Security (Encryption, PKI)
- Good working knowledge of standard service models (like ITIL)
- Understanding of data-centre infrastructure.
- Understanding of network communications and related technologies.
- Deep technical knowledge of ERT products (or equivalent clinical trials domain experience)
- Experience of Domain-Driven Design / Bounded Context Analysis
- Knowledge of software engineering frameworks and methodologies
- Knowledge of risk management techniques
- Experience of operating at highly varying levels of abstraction including business strategy, product strategy, technical design and implementation.