Our People Are Our Greatest Resource
Engineering and Maintenance Manager - Energy Recovery Facility (ERF), Avonmouth
Salary - Competitive
At Viridor, we're one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies and part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group. We put waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy and are at the forefront of the UK's green economy. We're undergoing rapid change and development which provides opportunities for those who are seeking a role to make their mark and drive forward a best in class performance.
Fast growing and investing over £1.2bn in the development of a network of state of the art Energy Recovery Facilities across the UK, we're already established as the second largest operator in the UK and looking to become the largest. The ERFs reduce the reliance on landfill or exporting waste for treatment whilst becoming a revenue generating business.
The Engineering and Maintenance Manager Role
Our Avonmouth ERF is currently undergoing commissioning and will require an experienced Engineering and Maintenance Manager to work alongside the Operations Manger and EHS Manager to develop and maintain the state of the art facility.
As our Engineering and Maintenance Manager you will be fully responsible for the up keep and maintenance of Avonmouth ERF maximising production, minimising downtimes and adhering to full compliance. You will be responsible for all engineering and maintenance aspects of the site ensuring all maintenance schedules are up to date. Working closely with the Operations Manager you will work to continually improve facility efficiencies and maintain high productivity.
Our ideal Engineering and Maintenance Manager will have:
- Experience in practical implementation of a corporate management system with a flexible approach to ensure that critical work is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- Extensive and proven knowledge of the waste industry and associated legislation
- Extensive engineering experience of the process industry or power industry, including the management of PSSR legislation
- Experience working with Maintenance Management systems
- Strong leadership skills to lead and develop a new team in a start-up scenario with a no compromise approach to health, safety and environmental compliance, preferably at a senior level within a large department
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering, with management experience
- Commercial awareness and budgetary responsibility for maintenance and defect support
- Experience of contractor management to deliver against KPI's
- Full driving license
At Viridor, we offer a competitive salary as well as excellent benefits including our pension scheme, healthcare, free eye test and safety eyewear where required alongside a number of flexible benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity in our fast-growing business to join, develop and drive forward a compliant and best in class facility within our brand new, state of the art Avonmouth ERF.
The successful candidate will be available to start in role in July 2018.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Engineering and Maintenance Manager.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.