Reporting directly to the Senior Engineer/Engineering Manager you will be responsible for auditing, testing and to correctly store the equipment we receive. The apprentice engineer is also required to ensure that it is correctly prepared for onward sale.
On a day to day basis you will experience a wide range of technical and troubleshooting skills in all areas of server hardware and software resolving fault calls/ tickets within strict SLAs.
Procurri is a global independent distributor of data centre equipment and multi-vendor maintenance provider. With offices across four continents, we offer localised, multi-country services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Being an innovator, Procurri changes the way the world buys technology by solving data centre challenges via a channel-focused model that is backed by our global footprint and team of experienced IT experts. Our comprehensive hardware expertise and technical know-how have enabled us to provide our customers with solutions that optimise the value, performance and life span of their IT infrastructure.
- Attending both in house and external training courses for products both in house and based in the field/ customer sites
- Report all non-conformances to sales/ trader
- Strip machines received to the level of a "base machine" having checked there are no firm plans that supersede this step
- Build and test machines or part machines as per the details specified
- Sign off the Quality Assurance for Goods Out that the Goods are as per specification and fit for purpose
- Under supervision you will attend installs, upgrades, and repairs on customer sites
- Provide authoritative, comprehensive audit and test reports
- Perform other duties as directed by the Engineering Manager
- Shadowing engineers both on site and on the support helpdesk
- Maintaining and updating the companies various systems
- Someone with strong basic IT Knowledge with desire to learn, achieve and progress
- Someone who is a team player and also to work independently
- Someone who is punctual, polite, organised and focused
- Someone with ideally 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
- Pension Scheme
- Charity Days
- Monday to Friday, 37 ½ hours per week
- £10,000 per annum
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”