Electrical Project Manager
Salary Range: £38,000 - £42,000
Reports to: Building Services Manager
Hours of work: 37.5 per week Monday - Friday (To be available at programme critical times, which may be outside of normal working hours)
Space Engineering Services are one of the most dynamic refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning service providers in Europe. We are proud to offer innovative products and services, and market-leading refrigeration technology, for which we have received awards and industry accreditations.
We offer all our employees 22 plus bank holidays. Our extensive benefits package includes; Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Insurance, Life cover - 2x salary, Childcare Vouchers, Discount scheme - including Gyms, Employee Assistance Programme, Introducers Bonus Scheme and an excellent pension scheme.
Main Purpose and Scope of the job
As an Electrical Project Manager, you will be supporting the Building Services Department, your main responsibilities will include;
* Manage pre-con phase, installation, commissioning and hand-over processes, communicate with contacts at all levels, and attend on-site progress meetings. Your ability to manage multiple projects at the same time will be essential
* Manage all financial aspects of projects through on-going job forecasting.
* Attend and participate in pre-construction meetings to ensure successful handoff from estimating to field.
* Set clear goals and expectations to sub-contractors and site team.
* Liaise with Framework Clients to ensure Projects are to the highest Standard of quality and delivered in a timely cost effective fashion.
* Selection and management of sub-contractors
* In conjunction with the Installation Department and Procurement Department carry out an audit of our existing subcontractor listing to ensure they are fully compliant and accredited.
* Ensure sub-contact installer's performance and costs are in accordance with the works and delivered to the required standard.
* Carry out "random checks" of our subcontractor's design and testing certification.
* When necessary, estimate change orders for assigned projects
* Conduct post project reviews to determine areas for future improvement.
* Able to carry out some electrical engineering aspects such as sizing motors, cables and other electrical engineering calculations.
* To highlight any future requirements for the business in terms of changes in legislation.
* Work at raising the profile of the electrical department throughout the entire business.
* Responsible for ensuring projects are closed within the agreed timelines.
Health and Safety
* Accountable for the projects Health & Safety including toolbox talks, ensuring all aspects of the site are carried out in line with current legislation.
* Ensure that all work that is carried out is in line with current Health & Safety legislation and Company procedures
* Excellent attitude and approach to work.
* Highly self-reliant, motivated and enthusiastic.
* Approachable, open and able to work as part of a team.
* Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills.
* Commitment to quality and attention to detail.
Skill Set, Qualifications and Experience
* A HNC or above in Electrical/Electronic Engineering and Electrical qualifications to 18th edition is preferred
* IT skills including experience of; Word, Excel and Microsoft Project is essential
* Current driving licence
* Relevant, successful electrical PM experience (retail installations experience a plus)
We are always looking for committed, innovative and talented individuals to join our team.
If you'd like to apply for this role, please click 'Apply' now to send your CV and covering letter.