Are you an experienced Electrical Engineer looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer for our team in the South West.
Electrical Engineer Role:
Joining our team, the Electrical Engineer will provide a full comprehensive high level electrical servicing, repair and troubleshooting service for all the DC & AC voltages currently deployed within Landfill Energy (LFE). You will act as a Senior Authorised Person (SAP) for HV switching and provide guidance to the department and wider business as necessary. Duties include:
- Assist in the development and implementation of electrical maintenance routines, procedures and best practice
- Carry out fault diagnosis, being pro-active and creative in problem solving using initiative whilst maintaining exchange of information with Engineering & Maintenance and Operational Teams
- Carry out safety & statutory electrical inspections on all LFE assets.
- Act as a Senior Authorised Person (SAP) for LFE.
- Carry out HV switching in accordance to current legislation and Viridor procedures.
Our ideal Electrical Engineer will have:
- Electrical and electronic experience in low voltage systems
- Hands on experience of the operation and maintenance of equipment relevant to role
- Experience of leading High Voltage switching operations and approving switching schedules
- Practical experience of maintaining & testing Low Voltage systems
- Practical experience of maintaining, optimising and fault finding on controls and instrumentation
- HND / HNC (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, City & Guilds (or equivalent) in electrical engineering
- HV Senior Authorised Person (SAP)
- IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition, BS 7671
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
In return for your hard work as our Electrical Engineer, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Electrical Engineer.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.