Are you an experienced Electrical Technician or Engineer, looking to take on a new challenge within Engineering or Site Maintenance? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer for our team in Ardley, working 42.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Electrical Engineer, we can offer a salary of £48,000 - £57,000 per annum plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands.
The ideal Electrical Engineer:
- Extensive knowledge of repair methods of Electrical equipment and Preventative Maintenance Systems.
- Holding a position of Senior Authorised Person (SAP) or Prime Duty Holder and qualified to work on both LV and HV electrical systems.
- Experience of health, safety and environment legislation relevant to process or power industry.
- Knowledge of the creation of detailed scopes of work / Engineering Specifications ready to be sent out to tender
- Possess appropriate Engineering qualifications such as HNC / HND, Electrical Engineering Degree
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- Effective team building, encouraging, motivation and people value.
- Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
Electrical Engineer Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating, scheduling and planning maintenance activities during planned and unplanned shutdowns.
- Creation of detailed scopes of work / Engineering Specifications ready to be sent out to tender.
- Providing technical leadership to our electrical engineering teams; undertaking technical appraisals of bids and ensuring integration of electrical design with other disciplines.
- Ensure optimal long-term availability of the plant and preserve the value of our plant within approved budget.
- Managing statutory inspections ensuring all documentation is completed and up to date.
- Management of our electrical maintenance workshop.
- Carrying out all activities within the plant in a safe manner, in accordance with health, safety and environmental statutory requirements.
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Electrical Engineer.
Closing Date: 5th March 2018
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.