Are you an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental professional looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Environmental, Health and Safety Officer for our team, working 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Environmental, Health and Safety Officer, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands.
The ideal Environmental, Health and Safety Officer:
- Significant experience of permitted / regulated activities and processes, preferably within a controlled emissions environment
- Experience of managing health and safety within a complex workplace
- Practical experience of data management and interpretation using Excel and other data analysis software.
- Science based Degree (or equivalent in relevant subject) or comparable experience
- IOSH / NEBOSH(or equivalent) safety qualification
- Extensive knowledge of the technical aspects of waste management.
- Thorough understanding of environmental regulation inc permitting, licensing etc.
- Knowledge of environmental databases and analysis software KE4 - Knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation and best practice
- Knowledge of Continuous Emission Monitoring (CEMS) systems
Awareness of the relevant management standards OHSAS18001, ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO50001
Environmental, Health and Safety Officer Responsibilities include:
- Provide environmental, health and safety and quality leadership, being a champion of compliance and best practice.
- Assist in the management of the Company's environmental responsibilities in compliance with environmental permits and licenses
- Responsible for the management of safety systems and safe systems of work
- Monitor and manage at site level compliance with relevant ISO quality and other accreditations
- Regular communication with Head of Operations, facility operations and technical staff regarding ongoing environmental control
- Act as a focus for all health and safety issues, liaising closely with central Viridor SHEQS team to ensure best practice
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Environmental Health and Safety Officer.
Closing Date: 22nd January 2018
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.