Responsible for directing the company’s global Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure the completion of selected business improvement projects that support operational excellence, growth, and other key strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate the company’s global project management function to ensure the effective execution of business improvement projects throughout the organization.
- Develop and implement a communications program to effectively boost awareness and visibility around PMO projects.
- Hold regional meetings to facilitate project progress and create a forum for sharing lessons learned across businesses.
- Perform analyses and validate financial benefits related to selected projects.
- Responsible for facilitating the achievement of the financial goals based on business and/or global efficiency program targets.
- Drive monthly and quarterly project updates.
- Oversee the initiation of new projects to ensure momentum is achieved quickly and efficiently.
- Lead selected projects during the inception phase.
- Selectively initiate and participate in internal and external project management forums.
- Support the business and functional units in achieving their goals by serving as a facilitator, project manager, change agent, mentor, process expert, etc.
- Serve as a change agent, build and motivate teams and foster positive relationships with and among team members.
- Lead process improvement workshops and LSS training efforts.
- Coach and mentor Green Belts to drive projects to completion, when required.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Influence the organization by promoting the use of the Lean and Six Sigma methods and mindset.
- Participates as a member of the PMO team contributing to global PMO forums and ensuring compliance with prioritized efforts.
- May be responsible for M&A activities as assigned.
- May be responsible for direct reports.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Master’s degree (MA/MS/MBA) or equivalent. Project management coursework preferred.
- Experience: 8-10 years of relevant experience required, including experience in operations and global productivity/efficiency programs.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Certified Six Sigma Black Belt in DMAIC, Lean or Design for Six Sigma methodologies preferred. Project Management certification preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to deliver results.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and to effectively lead and communicate at all levels
- Computer literate and proficient with basic Windows applications. Comfortable with mathematical and financial concepts.
- Must regularly operate a computer and occasionally operate other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must regularly communicate with employees/customers; must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Must occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- General office working conditions, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- This position requires occasional domestic travel.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.