Due to business growth at Pavers, we are continuing to expand our Digital Marketing department and are looking for an experience PPC Executive /Paid Search Executive to join our Digital Marketing team at our Head Office in York. Initially the role will involve a mixture of home working and office, with a minimum of 2 days per week in the York office. This is a full time permanent role and will be responsible for helping to drive customer acquisition and customer retention for our successful family owned and run retail business.
We are in the early stages of moving our digital advertising from agency based to inhouse and this role will be fundamental in this transition. The ideal candidate will be responsible for over £2m of digital marketing budget, however with ambitious plans to more than quadruple turnover in the next 5 years, we envisage this budget growing very quickly.
The ideal candidate will be ambitious individual and have at least 1 to 2 years’ hands-on experience running PPC/Paid Search campaigns (ideally in the retail/fashion sectors) and managing budget exceeding £2m p/a. The role has great potential for personal career growth as the department grows and would suit an ambitious person with willingness and aptitude to expand their knowledge in the wider marketing channels. Pavers has been trading for almost 50 years and is a highly profitable and growing business with a strong balance sheet and a turnover in the region of £150m. In 2018 we also acquired the Jones Bootmaker and Herring Shoes footwear businesses, with the group now employing over 1600 people in total.
Main duties of our PPC Executive in the Digital Marketing Team:
- PPC campaign management across the Pavers and Jones Bootmaker brands across UK and international territories – maintain google ads campaigns, keyword research, campaign set up with daily monitoring, efficiency and conversion focus
- Optimise shopping, keyword and video (YouTube) based campaign types
- Assist with the management Social Media advertising campaigns (UK & international) – including campaign creation and optimisation, retargeting and asset optimisation.
- Reporting to the Snr Digital Marketing Exec. You will liaise with and help develop the wider paid media strategy.
- Have a proactive test and learn philosophy.
- Experience of optimising campaigns to keen business KPIs
- Experience implementing the latest optimisation technologies and techniques to optimise channel performance.
- Reporting of campaign/channel performance to senior stakeholders on a weekly/adhoc basis
- Briefing requirements for online advertising assets with product and seasonal updates in line with best practices
- Monitor and report on online activity and recommend changes to the paid activity
- Identify new and innovative ways to market to new customer groups, identifying new customer recruitment/customer acquisition opportunities. Investment for new ideas is actively encouraged and significant funds are available to support this. Ideas are the constraint not the investment.
Requirements to be our PPC Executive in the Digital Marketing Team:
- A strong working knowledge of PPC/Paid Search, specifically Google Ads, Shopping, Microsoft Advertising & YouTube
- A solid working knowledge of paid social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest) would be also be highly desirable
- A good working knowledge of the major analytics programs – specifically Google Analytics
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience working in digital marketing (Agency or client-side) running PPC/Paid Search campaigns
- Google Ads certification is a must and Google Analytics certification is ideal, but not essential
- Excellent time management and highly organised
- Be open minded, adaptable, intelligent, and open to change
- Display a ‘can do’ attitude and be willing to help the wider marketing teams
- Be proactive and be constantly be learning new technologies and marketing methodologies.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Willingness to share knowledge and expertise with the wider marketing team
- Display personality and humour, with a professional and positive attitude
- A second language would be beneficial but is not essential
- High attention to detail
- Advanced MS Office skills
Bonus & Benefits you will receive as our PPC Executive in the Digital Marketing Team:
- Salary: up to £28,000 depending on experience
- Generous Staff Discount
- Discretionary Bonus
- Holiday Entitlement (Increases with service)
- Company Contribution Pension
- Access to RetailTRUST (Wellbeing Support)
- Access to RetailCURE (Financial Support)
Pavers Shoes is one of the UK’s leading shoe retailers. Established in 1971 we remain family owned and run, and also own and operate the Jones Bootmaker and Herring Shoes brands. Together we have over 170 stores in the UK and Ireland, and over 1,600 people in our ever-expanding family. In 2020 we have been voted one of the Top 20 Retailers in the country to work for (Retail Week/Glassdoor), been recognised in the Sunday Times’ Top Track 250, and also won Best Footwear Retailer (Multiple) at the Drapers Awards.
We are passionate about providing comfort and happiness to our customers, and we make sure to employ people who are as passionate as we are. We always look for happy, confident, upbeat people, and we provide great jobs in a supportive family environment for them. We know that without our colleagues there is no business, and that the better we look after you the better service you will provide our customers, so we always try and do the right thing by our people.
We strive for diversity of thinking across the business and believe strongly in supporting our local communities. In 2018 we donated over £2.2m to establish the Pavers Foundation, with the specific purpose of providing grants for causes important to all our colleagues in the areas of health, education, and community. In terms of the environment we are constantly seeking to reduce our impact, are working with One Carbon World to become Carbon Neutral, and already have one of the largest solar arrays in the North-East of England on our warehouse generating clean energy.
If this sounds like the kind of business you’d like to know more about, we’d love to hear from you - please apply today for the role of PPC Executive in our Digital Marketing Team!