Job Title: Senior Developer
Department: IT Development
Group: Core Dealing
Responsible for: Design, development and maintenance of the new generation dealing backend for IG, a global market leader in CFD and Spread Bet trading. The dealing backend is based on leading edge Java technologies such as Oracle Coherence and is a concurrent, low-latency, and failure resilient order processing system making use of Spring, JMS and JMX.
Software Architecture, Design and Development Documentation Secondary support of systems Testing Liaison with third parties, end users, developers and other IG personnel
- A proven track record of development with large Java based project.
- Experience with core Java in back-end, server side applications, not necessarily J2EE or Web applications.
- Distributed, concurrent, multi-threaded programming for high volume, low latency applications.
- 3 years proven experience at a developer level
- Spring Framework (preferably development with, at least exposure to)
- Cross-platform development
- Unix/Linux usage (including BASH and or Perl scripting)
- In Memory Data Grid Concepts
- Kafka messaging.
- Understanding of IG products and Order Types.
- Degree level education (numerate)
- Flexible, self-starting, enthusiastic team-player who will be willing and able to help colleagues; articulate communication skills; delivery conscious and flexible to changing priorities and requirements. Responsible and motivated.
- Assist and mentor junior developers and associates.
- able to work outside own comfort zone to advance own skills and departmental/company competencies.
Number of openings1