DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin
ShortList Recruitment are looking for a well-established DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin Engineer to join an innovative software house in Manchester.
DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin will be working as part of a large multi-site development team to drive the Release, Configuration and Delivery of their Software product and managed services portfolio.
This is a hands-on DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin role ideal for seasoned candidate with a number of years' experience but my client will consider a broad range of experience with remuneration to match. The ideal candidate would live and breathe code and tech.
The key responsibilities for the DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin:
- Provision, install, configure and maintain a wide range of PaaS components, applications, databases and tools across IoT environment.
- Affect changes in live environments safely using appropriate change control procedures, including configuration versioning using VCS
- Handle 3rd line issues ensuring SLAs are met.
- Support development team's infrastructure requirements, including continuous integration (CI) and code repositories (SVN/GIT)
- Troubleshoot problems when they occur, quickly and efficiently
- Identify and create clear and effective documentation (using a wiki)
Essential Skills for DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin:
- Must have experience with IoT
- Linux, with lots of Ubuntu LTS experience
- Virtual infrastructure management in AWS/Azure
- Web hosting expert with NGINX, python and PHP
- Database expert with one or more MySQL/Maria, Cassandra, Mongo
- net basics IP4/6, DNS, DHCP, HTTP/S firewalling & load-balancing
- Building images and scripting installations for CI including ARM/CF
DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin role is based in Manchester, offers a salary of up to £40,000. If you feel you have the skills required then APPLY below!!!
ShortList Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
ShortList specialise in the full spectrum of IT positions, from CIO to Helpdesk Analyst, on both a permanent and contract basis.