Are you ready for that next big challenge in your career, or maybe you just want to join a more dynamic, forward thinking and progressive organisation where you can put your full range of skills and experience to better use?
We are looking for people who are aspiring to be experts in Automation, System reliablility and Availiability to join our existing team.
We operate in a faced paced and changeable environment, so you will naturally be aligned to our culture of disruption and innovation and relish the challenge of finding ways to make this work better. You will be joining a dedicated team that understand the vision and culture associated with 'doing it the UKCloud way'. At UKCloud we aim to delight our customers by delivering agile technology that is designed to significantly reduce time, cost and risk.
Our ambition is to create a dynamic and adaptive tech environment that can flex to the deployment needs of the busines
About this role
In this role, you will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our Management Platform and component business critical tools. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes and build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations support.
You will be able to understand and take the best course of action when a critical production system has an acute problem and pull priority and high value tasks as part of a Kanban team. Your exposure to an agile working environment is highly desirable.
People who thrive in our environment, are self-motivated, organised and want to naturally share knowledge and contribute to technical discussions and learn. With great communication skills, you'll be customer-focussed and want to create and deliver value.
System Administrator | Administrator | Admin | Administration | Administrating | System | IT | Information Technology | Opensource | Linux | Nagios
- Excellent operational and administrative knowledge of Linux Operating Systems
- A strong understanding of datacentre technologies including Servers, Networks, Storage ideally gained through an operational support background
- Proven experience with one or more Open Source tools; RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, RabbitMQ
- Knowledge with RDBMS (PostGreSQL, MySQL) administration, and SQL script writing
- Demonstrable skill in at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Perl
- An aptitude and desire to identify and automate repeatable tasks for efficiency and accuracy.
- Experience in working within a large-scale cloud or virtualised computing environment
- Experience with applications and network monitoring systems and Protective Monitoring, SIEMs or other security aligned tools
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes, LANDesk, VMware, OpenStack, Xen/Oracle Hypervisor,
- Administration of Atlassian tools
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in always up, always available service
About Our Company:
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focussed solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of over 160 people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
- Competitive salary plus 10% bonus
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Contributory pension
- Life cover
- Access to free parking
- Active social and charity events
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite facilities
- Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.
Look out for us on social media!
You'll find us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.