MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper DevOPS & automation applications & solutions used by Customer
- Automation of network elements for architecture certification
- Automation of network operational tasks for provisioning, maintenance, verification, analysis, and reaction to operating conditions.
- Develop, improve, & employ testing strategies & techniques
- Documentation of DevOPS & automated solutions
- Build service provisioning scripts to automate service provisioning & automation tools for network monitoring & operation
- Supporting Customer NOC environment.
- Understanding of the concepts and guidelines behind traditional routing and switching.
- Experience with MPLS, IS-IS, OSPF & BGP in a large service provider environment including general understanding of MPLS L2 and L3 VPNs. Experience with Juniper MX/EX/QFX series.
- Experienced in customer network design and customer network operation, and particularly policies and practices appropriate in a service provider setting.
- Strong understanding of OSS and network management (ideal if candidate has Juniper SPACE background/experience), provisioning systems and development of the systems, service provisioning.
- Excellent testing, problem solving and analysis skills.
- Proficient at designing procedures, processes, and software architectures & systems to implement them.
- Knowledge and experience of Juniper automation best practices including the use of the Junos XML API, SLAX, and, ideally, PyEz, and Ansible.
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with Python & PyEZ.
- Familiar with other languages commonly used in network operational scripting & tooling, such as Perl (ideally), Ruby, PHP, Bourne Shell, Expect, and Java
- Strong understanding of management protocols including SNMP, Syslog, RADIUS, TACACS, Netflow/IPFIX. Knowledge/experience of Streaming Telemetry desirable.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and frameworks. Jenkins, Robot Framework, a plus
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, and Salt
- Knowledge of operational and monitoring tools such as Nagios, Icinga, OpenNMS, JFFNMS, MRTG & RRDTool, Collectd, Grafana, Prometheus, Graphite, Cacti, Weathermap, Zabbix, Observium, ElasticSearch/Logstash/Kibana, Netcool, Splunk
- Experience with Linux/Unix Systems environments (as a programming platform) Debian/Ubuntu & Redhat/Centos environments advantageous. Knowledge of VMWare, KVM, and Docker advantageous.
- Relational DBs (MySQL, Postgres, SQLite)
- JUNOS CLI experience essential
- Experience of automating tasks in mixed-vendor environments advantageous. Familiarity with Cisco, Ericsson, Huawei a plus.
- Experience with (Git)
- Able to communicate with internal Engineering and QA Sys Test Teams