My fantastic client in Cambridge is looking for a solid 2nd Line Desktop Analyst to come on board on a permanent basis. The candidate will be part of the 2nd line team responsible for operating the Desktop support function. The role will be to technical desktop support as well as provide a technical input into project work when required.
The client is looking for someone who can work across 2 sites in Cambridge on a 2 week rotational basis.
SERVICE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide technical support within a skilled Desktop support function:
- To analyse & resolve IT incidents with a varying degree of complexity
- Provide ITIL Second Level Service Desk functions for the partnership
- To maintain system performance across the authority’s IT estate
- To provide support for in excess of 50+ Corporate systems
- To maintain the telephony system(s)
- To perform daily operational tasks such as server checks, system backups and data transfer routines
- To contribute in IT projects involving the Desktop Team and have a technical input where necessary.
- The post holder will be required to take part in an out-of-hours system support rota (for which an additional allowance will be made).
- Experience of working in a Service Desk support function in a significantly sized organisation supporting 2000+ networked PCs and 100+ servers
- High level of technical skills, troubleshooting PC hardware, software & networking issues
- Ability to determine appropriate work priorities and manage workload effectively
- Thorough, professional approach
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
This is a permanent role paying between £23-27k per annum depending on experience.
If you are a solid Desktop Support Analyst with excellent experience of Windows, Hardware, Active Directory, Exchange, and Office then please forward your CV ASAP as interviews are being arranged immediately.