Deputy Manager (to become Manager)
Global trading company seeks a Deputy Manager to join their accounting team (7). This role has the potential to move into the Manager role within a 3-6 month period.
The role will suit someone with strong technical accounting skills and several years’ people management experience, and with the ability to develop a stable team. Change management experience would be an advantageous.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
· Manage the Accounting Services team of seven staff to ensure timely & accurate financial reporting for 30+ Group companies (including Investment companies for Wind Power & Water, Netherlands Ship Leasing Company; UK Computer Services Company & various other investment and financing entities).
· Accounting services include bookkeeping & payment authorisation; monthly results reporting (including supplementary disclosure data at each quarter close); monthly consolidation for Wind Power & Water companies; preparation of statutory financial statements; tax filing (corporate income tax & VAT); co-ordination of external audit; J-SOX compliance.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reporting to the Department General Manager of the Accounting Department via the Manager.
Managing an Assistant Manager (for two sub-teams) and a Senior Accountant (for one sub-team)
SCOPE OF JOB
· Manage a team of seven staff including appraisal and recruitment processes and job allocations within the team
· Review & Approve management accounts and monthly reporting packs in accordance with group accounting rules and deadlines.
· Review & Approve quarterly disclosure information for consolidation reporting.
· Liaise with external auditors to plan & co-ordinate audits for each company.
· Co-ordinate preparation of statutory financial statements for UK entities and provide technical support & guidance. Check & Review financial statements before submission to Auditor.
· Review VAT Returns and Corporation Tax Returns for UK entities before submission to Tax Department.
· Take the lead in liaisons with internal corporate departments (Treasury, IT, Investment, Tax, etc) in order to anticipate & resolve problems.
· Continually apply and review accounting treatments under Local GAAP & IFRS and advise Business on accounting impacts of new standards or legislative requirements.
· Monitor and review accounting controls ensuring compliance with J-SOX and implementing improvements to controls environment & processes.
· Provide support for new Group companies to set up proper Accounting & Controls Framework.
· Take lead for any necessary change/development of accounting system & treasury system.
· Team budget preparation & monitoring.
· Negotiation of Accounting Service Agreements with client companies.
DIMENSIONS AND LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
Unlimited payment release
ACCA, ACA or equivalent with at least 5 years post qualification experience
· Excellent knowledge of accounting treatments (UK/Netherlands GAAP & IFRS)
· Corporation income tax and VAT
· MS Office / SAP / MS Dynamics AX systems
· Strong leadership
· Good team player
· Good time management & organisation
· Experience in managing a medium sized department
· Experience in project management and business development support
· Proven ability in Management & Financial Accounting
· Drafting statutory financial statements