Data Engineer/ Scientist
£70,000 - £100,000 DOE
A truly exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer/ Scientist who has either gained experience in machine learning or has machine learning knowledge and is passionate about the potential of working with such frameworks and tools. As a Data Engineer/ Scientist you will join a hyper-growth start-up who have an enviable position of working at the bleeding edge of technology by creating a personalised engine which allows companies to offer tailored, personal experiences over the internet. With already in excess of £45million in funding already; this is a revolutionary platform which transforms a company's Wi-Fi exchange into a powerful marketing vehicle, offering customers a uniquely personal experience and businesses the opportunity to market relevant information to customers.
As a Data Engineer you will:
- Architect, build and maintain the data warehouse for third party data and customer data
- Design analysis services of web applications' clickstreams including payments and transactions
- Write machine learning algorithms to generate powerful user insights
- Work with the Ops team deploying reliable services in production
- Work in an AWS environment working with Lambda, Redshift
To be successful you will bring:
- Experience in writing, deploying and maintaining Machine Learning algorithms; preferably on large datasets in a production environment. (this is advantageous)
- Experience building ETL pipelines and working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL and Redshift.
- Experience in designing both batch- and stream-based algorithms
- Previous experience in a cloud environment either Google cloud or AWS for example.
Benefits on offer for you:
A market leading salary with a benefits package unrivalled to most start-ups including unlimited holiday, pension, private health-care and bonus scheme to name a few. Beyond this you will get an opportunity to work with machine learning algorithms beyond your typical role of just working across a data warehouse. The level of ownership and autonomy you will have as the technical expert will be huge and you will be at the forefront of not only building sustainable infrastructure but also a key player in the team as the company scales its operation to meet demand.
Apply now for immediate interviews. Please note; we cannot accept applications from candidates in need of sponsorship.