We have multiple bank contracts available to join our team as a Data Assistant. You must be available to work full time Monday to Friday and occasional evenings from Tuesday 28th August 2018 to Friday 28th September 2018. You will receive a competitive hourly rate of £9.55 per hour.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
Our Data Assistant role will be active with a strong customer focus and involve providing assistance to the Information and Funding Team during main enrolment. Duties will include, but will not be limited to, enrolment form checking, front of house duties, dealing with telephone enquiries, processing achievement data and filing.
Our Data Assistant duties and key responsibilities:
- Checking enrolment forms to ensure that data has been completed correctly before enrolment.
- Having a basic understanding of the College's fee charging policy together with the Learning and Skills Council regulations on fees and funding.
- Researching and solving problems.
- Dealing with telephone queries and the registration of students onto courses.
- Assisting with the maintenance of student files in the Data Office.
- Assisting with checks of register accuracy and other exercises undertaken to ensure the quality of information produced from the MIS.
- Entering data related to student achievements.
Skills & Experience required of our Data Assistant:
- 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C (or equivalent)
- Experience of working with MIS systems
- Experience working with students and members of the public
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes and FE funding systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people at all ages and levels
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Closing date: Thursday 19th July 2018
Interview date: Thursday 2nd August 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Data Assistant then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.