Job Title:Dance Teacher/Choreographer (s)who is able to teach and choreograph a variety of dance techniques.
Salary:£30k per annum
Location:The role will be split between teaching classes in Leicester and London
SHIAMAK DAVAR INTERNATIONAL LTD UK
Shiamak Davar is India’s most renowned choreographer who has worked with the biggest Bollywood stars in movies, award ceremonies and other live shows. Shiamak Davar International Ltd UK has their Bollywood & Indo Jazz dance schools located all across London and Midlands with over 2000 + students annually.
We launched our classes in the Midlands in 2014 amongst various dance studios and Primary Schools, High Schools & Colleges. Due to the increasing venues, we seek to employ two dance instructors to teach classes both in London and the Midlands.
Educational Qualifications Formal Training from a recognized or reputed dance School in order to be able to teach Bollywood, Yoga, Zumba and Contemporary styles of Dance.
Must hold an Up-to-date CRB Check since the role will involve teaching with children
Experience: Experience of working with children, adults, senior citizens and people with special needs.
Should be fluent in English
Proven experience of teaching experience in the dance field teaching various styles of dance
- Delivering professional, fun and enjoyable dance sessions
- Will be required to design and implement methods of assessing the performance of students
- Assisting in coordinating the activities of Shiamak Davar International Ltd UK in respect of dance sessions
- Provide period reports to the management of Shiamak Davar International Ltd about feedback of classes, number of students in attendance and compliance with the company’s dance school syllabus
- Conducting meetings with schools to review provision
- To be able to teach a minimum of 4 hours daily 6 times a week at various locations all across Midlands/London
- Prepare classes for bi-annual showcase and other events. Direct dance moves, monitor and analyse techniques and performance and determine how improvements can be made.
We will offer you on-going training and great opportunities for career development with a nationally respected brand.
The successful candidate will be:
- Enthusiastic about working with young people, teens, adults, senior citizens as well people with special needs
- A people person – confident, friendly, interactive and engaging
- A dynamic and motivated individual, with a real passion and enthusiasm for promoting dance & performing arts
- Committed, reliable, punctual and organized
- Experience in teaching/instructing dance with relevant qualifications
- Passion to drive the business forward!
Closing Date for applications:
Please note that the closing date for the advert will be 2nd July 2018. Any applications received after this date will not be considered. We regret that due to the volume of applications received we will only respond to candidates that have been shortlisted for interview.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and a cover letter via email to London@shiamak.comHelp