NHS PROPERTY SERVICES LTD
Helpdesk Advisor- Stockport
£20,000 per annum
The NHS Property Services Ltd is one of the largest property owners in the UK, with a £3 billion asset portfolio, some 4,000 properties, 3,000 employees and an annual income of over £700 million.
Established in April 2013, the company is a limited company but also part of the wider NHS family. Having inherited responsibility for the facilities and property management functions previously managed by NHS primary care trusts and strategic health authorities, we own and run properties that range from listed buildings and former workhouses through to award-winning, state-of-the-art integrated health campuses.
Our aim is to deliver outstanding quality across our estate in partnership with NHS organisations, generating cost efficiency's that will benefit our tenants, patients and the wider health economy.
NHSPS are setting up a national Facilities Management Helpdesk to answer inbound reactive requests and assist delivery of Pre-Planned Maintenance. The helpdesk will be operational 24/7/365. The Facilities Management team supports users of our NHS properties within England.
You will be responsible for ensuring that customers receive excellent customer service and timely responses and providing advice immediately where possible, channelling requests to appropriate service teams for resolution, monitoring cases and keeping customers appraised of progress.
This role is crucial in logging customer details, location and reactive requests and prioritising as appropriate to deliver a positive customer experience.
- Receive and record service requests via telephone and email from customers,
- Dispatch and monitor reactive work orders to direct labour organisations
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge, understanding and awareness of facilities management issues, effectively interpreting the described situations to enable a satisfactory resolution to customer requests.
- Respond in a professional and courteous manner to every caller, recording all requests for service to accurately reflect correct priority for work based on health, safety, business criticality and customer expectation
- Ensure that jobs are allocated within SLA. Triage and prioritise routine, urgent and emergency requests
- Provide a rapid response to customers, resolving queries at the first point of contact where possible
- Ensure adherence to KPI and quality standards
- Update and close jobs in accordance to systems and processes.
- Generate reports as and when requested
- Liaise with service teams and suppliers to keep customers informed about progress
- Contact contractors or onsite engineers when work has not been completed to a satisfactory level and ensure reassignment of jobs when non-compliant
- Recognise and proactively escalate complaints to the Team leader, Customer Support Centre and Operational Management as appropriate.
- Support and process requests for minor new works
- Maintain and keep up to date with information, processes and services
- Work towards team goals and targets, meeting KPIs as determined by the FM Helpdesk Team Leader and FM Helpdesk Manager
- Support room bookings and space utilisation requests
- Undertake additional tasks as required by the FM Helpdesk Team Leader
- Have a flexible approach to work in order to meet various deadlines
- Flexibility is required to work a range of shifts to ensure customer expectations are met
Desirable: Education to A-Level or equivalent
Essential: Knowledge of key MS Office applications - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Desirable: Knowledge of working with case management systems, IT helpdesk systems and/or CRM systems
Essential: Experience in a contact centre customer service role and Experience working within a team
Desirable: Experience in a FM contact centre environment
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks especially when under pressure
- Ability to handle challenging relationships and manage difficult conversations when necessary
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about customer service
- Driven by achieving a high level of customer satisfaction
- Able to build relationships and gain trust with customers and colleagues
- Demonstrates integrity, empathy, discretion and professionalism
- Team player and enthusiastic & self-motivated
Desirable: Flexible with the ability to react quickly to demands
Essential: Flexibility to work a range of different hours
If you or anyone you know is looking for a role working with the NHS please contact me on 0161 247 8802 or email me your CV on
Please note all direct applicant will also come through to us
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.