Customer Service Advisor
- Location: Pencoed, Bridgend
- Salary: up to £22,000
- Working Hours: Full time
- Status: Permanent
As an organisation our client works on behalf of our customers throughout the UK to secure financial savings on their day-to-day costs - enabling them to use that money where it matters most. Their highest priority is focusing on achieving savings, adding value and to provide excellent customer service to all clients.
What our client wants from their Customer Service Advisor:
To support all customers with their buying decisions, enabling them to save money, save time and buy with confidence. Supporting the company with the delivery of the Procurement Help Desk, being a first line contact point, engaging with client organisations, customers and suppliers. This is to be done with an attitude that provides a continual positive customer experience to encourage further opportunities for engagement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication.
- Identifying and assessing customers? needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Acting as a liaison, providing product/services information and resolving any emerging problems that our customer accounts might face with accuracy and efficiency.
- Managing incoming calls (telephone, email, live chat) and customer service inquiries.
- Supporting the Procurement Help Desk, identifying and assessing customers? needs and procurement requirements, and recording the information for colleagues to process further.
- Providing accurate, valid and complete information by utilising correct methods/tools
- Organising and scheduling customer enquiries to the appropriate internal departments and/or suppliers.
- Maintaining and managing customer data appropriately, including passing this to approved suppliers when needed.
- Resolving conflicting and complex issues.
- Ensuring customer feedback and experiences are logged for appropriate marketing and corrective actions.
- Opening customer accounts by recording account information and approve new registrations.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure customers receive a high-quality service.
- Following communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Any other responsibilities as may be deemed fit by your line manager.
Qualifications and other skills they are looking for:
People and communication skills are the most important requirements for a customer service advisor with our client, it is a role that represents the company to the public. This means a customer service advisor needs the following to work effectively:
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a client service representative.
- Strong phone-based contact handling skills and active listening.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. desirable
- The ability to work well in a team environment.
- Flexibility to work a rotating shift pattern (8am : 4pm, 9am - 5pm or 10 am : 6pm)
- A polite, friendly, patient and tactful manner, whether handling a complaint, solving problems, helping with an enquiry or offering advice and guidance.
- Administrative skills including use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word are essential.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices.
- The ability to work well under pressure and within tight timeframes.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- A willingness and ability to listen to and follow instructions.
- 3 years previous customer service experience is desirable.
- An understanding of Procurement is an advantage, but not essential.
What they can offer you:
In addition to a competitive salary they are offering the opportunity to work for a company that is experiencing a period of exciting growth. You will also get:
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- 3 days paid mission leave per annum to support a charity of your choice
- Opportunities for further professional development
- On site gym and subsidised canteen
- Other benefits
Want to know more?
Please apply online with your current CV and contact details today.