Job Title: Credit Controller - 12 month fixed term contract
Salary: up to £20,000 depending upon experience, benefits include family bupa, 25 days holiday plus stats
Job Type: 12 month fixed term contract
Closing date: Friday 25h May 2018
The company is the UK's largest independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses. Through their network of 19 local offices, they handle annual client turnover of £5 billion since 2010, they have advanced more than £26bn to small and medium sized businesses throughout the country.
Formed in 1982, they are a member of the Asset Based Finance Association (ABFA) and support businesses in over 300 industry sectors. Globally, the company has operations in 44 locations, in 14 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, supporting more than 9,500 business customers worldwide.
In 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 the company was awarded a place in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, ranking 48th in the most recent poll.
Purpose of the Role:
- To ensure the security and profitability of the Company through efficient and effective credit control of a portfolio of clients
- To establish and maintain a professional and efficient relationship with their allocated portfolio of clients
- To provide excellent standards of customer service internally and externally
- To ensure that security is maintained at all times within the systems operated by the company
- Identify and generate new business opportunities for the sales team to convert
- Ensures security & profitability of a portfolio of Clients through efficient and effective Credit Control.
- Provides a high level of service whilst maintaining security.
- Proactively seeks to understand their clients to allow them to spot both warning signs and opportunities.
- Any other duties or projects commensurate with the level of responsibility of this role, for which the role holder has the necessary experience and/or training
- Communication skills - Maintain high level professional conduct with internal and external customers via face to face, the phone, email and in written communication
- Relationship building - establish rapport - Establish and maintain a professional + 'expert' relationship with clients through efficient credit control.
- Provide excellent customer service - Manage credit control of client portfolio whilst providing a high level of customer service + protecting Bibby's security
- Good listening skills, understands how and when to action information, to the appropriate person
- Understand needs - See things from clients point of view; identify clients' needs and have a sympathetic approach whilst protecting Bibby's security
- Attention to detail
- Decision-making - Set credit limits within guidelines, make recommendations/ propose decisions, back up decisions to line manager.
- Develop solutions, problem solve and agree things with people - Monitor collection performance. Recommend appropriate solutions
- Ability to say 'no'
- Take initiative - Use appropriate chasing techniques. Seek to recommend alternative collection techniques. Take responsibility for actions, manage time and prioritize work and plan ahead
- Use, develop and sell the Company's products and processes
- Manage risk - Knowledge of clients business. Awareness of money laundering + data protection legislation. Monitors risk and possible fraud
- Demonstrate an ability to work with numbers
- General understanding of financial management/ audited accounts, manages risk
- Intermediate PC knowledge. Good keyboard skills and competent user of Microsoft Office
Requirements of the role:
- Credit Control experience, office environment, customer service experience
- Good communication, excellent customer service, attention to detail, IT.
- Credit Control experience in a financial service environment (desirable)
- Managing risk, sales (desirable)
- Basic IT, customer service/ administration NVQ (desirable)
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to our Client's careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Payment Processing, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Credit Controller, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Supervisor, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Officer, Financial Supervisor, Accounts Supervisor, Debt Collection may also be considered for this role.