On behalf of our client, a well-established manufacturer, TRF Professional are recruiting an experienced Credit Controller / Accounts Assistant to join their team.
The purpose of this role is to take charge and be the main point of contact for credit control within the business but also get involved in the day to day operations of the accounting department. Due to the nature of the clients and the complexity of queries, credit control will be the main aspect of this position until the processes and procedures have been learnt.
Credit Control Duties:
- Chasing outstanding monies
- Resolving queries and building relationships with clients
- Reconciling payments
- Cash allocation
- Account maintenance
- Calculation and posting of all monthly and month-end journals necessary
- Liaise with operational support staff to obtain/clarify accounts information
- Timely and accurate production of the monthly management accounts
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheets, identifying all reconciling items and areas of potential concern; following up on those areas of concern
- Setting up new accounts
- Petty cash & daily transactions
- Keeping systems up to date
- Adhoc projects
- Must have a proven credit control track record within a high-volume environment
- 3 years accounting experience
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Possess advanced excel skills
- Excellent & confident communication skills - verbally and written
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to deal with people at all levels
- AAT Qualified but candidates with a solid working history will also be considered
- Salary up to £24,000 (DOE)
- Hours - Monday to Friday 08:00 - 17:00, with 1 hour for lunch (there may be a degree of flexibility for the right candidate)
- Free Parking
- 28 days holiday
- There may be some travel involved visiting offices around Europe for meetings and training
Please apply, in confidence, to Jasmine Marland at TRF Professional, a specialist division of The Recruitment Fix Ltd.
Please note that we receive a high volume of applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.