Job Title: Court of Protection Legal Secretary/Administrator
Job Ref: MJC/20424
This leading Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence Firm in the Midlands is seeking a Court of Protection Legal Secretary/Administrator to join their team. The small friendly firm has earned an excellent reputation for outstanding service and has a different approach to the big firms. They have years of experience, specialist training and dedication to their clients, and often run and win cases that other firms won’t take on.
Their reputation is such that they attract clients nationally and abroad as well as in the local area. Most of their business comes from personal recommendation which they are very proud of. All claims are handled with the same dedication regardless of size.
Key candidate competencies include:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- IT experience including Word and Excel.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Proactivity in dealing with client needs.
The role will involve:
- Assisting the team with all administrative tasks.
- Speaking with clients.
- Transcription of dictation.
- Dealing with correspondence.
- Arranging appointments.
- Completion of reports to the Court.
- Preparation of documents for tax returns.
- Preparation of bill of costs.
- Dealing with bank transfer payments.
- Payment of invoices and payroll.
- 2 years Legal Secretary experience is essential.
- Clinical negligence and personal injury experience would be highly advantageous.
- Court of Protection experience would be a plus, but not essential as training will be given.
- Candidates with Medical Secretary experience would also be considered.
Located in a business park in the countryside with free parking, access to your own vehicle would be ideal. Benefits include medical insurance.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.