Ballard Dale Syree Watson is a firm of Chartered Accountants which also supports clients with their recruitment.
We are working with an accountancy practice in Central London looking to recruit a Corporate Tax Supervisor/ Assistant Manager to join an existing team of 7.
The role is responsible for all day to day aspects of the corporate tax compliance function including providing support to junior team members in the provision of compliance work. The role provides a variety of work as the corporate client portfolio is varied and includes a broad range of sectors and industries and include OMBs, entrepreneurial companies, larger corporates, multi-national groups, FCA regulated companies.
Main responsibilities to include the following:
- Preparation of corporation tax computations and tax returns and deferred tax computations for inclusion in the financial statements for own portfolio, including reviewing work prepared by junior team members.
- Reviewing draft financial statements and considering any tax matters arising from the financial statements.
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence including preparing letters for review by senior team members and also reviewing letters prepared by junior team members.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues within the tax department and in other departments within the firm.
- Dealing in all other aspects of compliance work, including initiation of payment advice letter.
- Communicating with the audit department to obtain the relevant information for the preparation of the corporate tax compliance and to resolve any queries.
- Monitor their portfolio to ensure deadlines are met, including liaising with senior management to regularly communicate progress of work.
- Develop knowledge of taxation matters; develop an ability to carry out research and problem solve by using HMRC manuals, tax legislation and online Tolleys etc. in addition to seeking advice from more senior members of the department.
- Delegate work to more junior members of staff as appropriate, including providing direction and technical support in respect of all aspects of compliance work.
- Ensure the departments work trackers/Digita are monitored and kept up to date.
Requirements & skills:
- The individual must have worked full time in Corporate Tax for at least 3 years, have supervisory experience (ideally of at least a year) and ideally be CTA qualified.
- Competent at relevant computer applications, such as Microsoft office applications, Excel and Word.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Able to organise and prioritise and monitor their workload effectively.
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus.
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Provide input/carry out appraisals for junior team members.
- Provide support in the personal development of junior team members.
This client prides itself on providing a friendly and supportive environment and has a solid long-standing team. They work a 35-hour week and really value work life balance. This role will lead to manager and beyond and will give you a high level of autonomy early on. It would suit someone perhaps at senior level in a larger firm looking for a next step.
If you are interested in a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Emma Richardson on 01905 794 504.
- Employee Events
- Life Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement