Control Systems Engineer / Project Engineer
At Adsyst Automation Ltd we understand that our continued success is down to our dedicated team, therefore we invest time and effort in each individual; training and assisting with their personal and professional development, helping them build on their weaknesses and encouraging their strengths.
Adsyst Automation Ltd has been providing complex Control Systems for Process Control, Automation and Telemetry to customers worldwide for over 30 years.
We approach each project with a fresh outlook and use our knowledge and partnerships to stay a step ahead of the competition, offering the most advanced and cost effective solutions.
With our core skills lying in LV Assemblies, Electrical installation, PLC, SCADA, HMI, MIS, MES, RTU, control system software engineering, data acquisition and bespoke software, our expertise in panel building and electrical installation allow us to offer a partial or more complete package when required.
The Control Systems Engineer or Project Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of the project in both technical compliance and quality. Attending meetings with clients to discuss the design there is a requirement for good commercial and communication skills. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar environment and good knowledge of PLC’s, SCADA, HMI, variable speed drives and instrumentation products.
- Writing detailed functional design specifications
- Configuration of system architecture, network connections
- Production and modification of PLC software
- Production and modification of HMI / SCADA software
- UK Site installation and commissioning (which may involve short periods away from home)
Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge Required
- Software or Electrical/ Electronic Engineering degree or equivalent
- Ideally have experience or knowledge of using PLC Software Development (Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley, Siemens)
- Ideally have experience or knowledge of HMI / SCADA Configuration (Wonderware, FTView, Iconics, Fix32, ClearSCADA)
- Ideally have Electrical design including EPlan or equivalent software knowledge
- Ideally have 17th Edition wiring Regulations City & Guilds 2382
- Ideally have Panel design and manufacture or electrical installation experience
- Competitive salary
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (Rising to 30 after 5 years service)
- Company bonus scheme (after 1 year service)
- Private Health Scheme (after 1 year service)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Access to Perkbox (https://join.perkbox.co.uk) Includes lots of employee perks like cinema tickets and discounted shopping
- Quarterly social events and team building days
- Free onsite parking
- Generous overtime/ expenses scheme
Full time position – 08:30 – 17:15 – Monday to Thursday and 08:30 – 16:00 on Fridays.
Other positions are available in this office and in other locations. See our website for more information: www.adsyst.co.uk