Devon Communities Together have an exciting opportunities for a Community Project Officer to join their growing team based in Exeter.
Job Title: Community Project Officer
Location: Lustleigh Close, Exeter, EX2 8PW
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
To role of Community Project Officer within the DCT Delivery Team alongside other DCT, external and agency staff to effectively engage communities in a wide range of project activity including community development, community planning and community regeneration processes.
The Community Project Officer position has an intentionally wide scope to enable a flexible response to changing policies and programmes for communities across Devon. At any one time the post holder will be expected to take a key role in a number of discrete areas of project work from across the breadth of DCT’s current portfolio of activities. The post holder will be directed and guided in the fulfilment of each project work area by an appointed Project Manager.
Community Project Officer - Person Specification:
- Employment background in community engagement/development, with experience of supporting community groups
- Experience of managing a wide variety of tasks within set timescales and meeting deadlines
- Experience of writing/ producing reports
- Highly organised and efficient approach to work
- Able to multi-task and respond positively to competing workloads
- Ability to work on own, organising your time so as to meet the external and internal deadlines
- Self-sufficient with ICT. Confident & proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good interpersonal skills and a confident and professional telephone manner
- Willing and able to engage in discussions on strategic issues
- Educated to equivalent of 5 GCSEs
- Able to communicate well to a wide range of people from a variety of different settings and organisations
- A consistent friendly, open and welcoming approach
- Integrity and absolute discretion
- A concern for communities and the issues they face
- Ability to travel around a large county for meetings and a willingness to work some unsocial hours, mainly evening and some weekends.
- Understanding and recognition of the principles of equality and diversity
- Ability to travel around Devon, especially Rural Devon, for meetings. Willing to work some unsocial hours, mainly evenings, some weekends
Closing Date – 7th June
Interview date – 13th June
To submit your CV for this exciting Community Project Officer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!