Are you an experienced Educational and Community Benefits professional looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
We are opening a state of the art visitor centre at our new Beddington Energy Recovery Facility to engage with children and the wider community, whilst teaching about sustainable waste management and how energy recovery fits into the waste hierarchy. As a result, we have an exciting opportunity for Visitor Centre and Community Benefits Officer to join our team, working 37.5 hours a week.
Visitor Centre and Community Benefits Officer Responsibilities include:
- To raise awareness and a better understanding of the ERF, South London Waste Partnership (SLWP) and Viridor's facilities by developing and delivering appropriate, safe and timely visits and informative programmes, activities and educational materials for students and adults to meet the requirements of the education policy and the facility objectives.
- To provide the day-to-day management of the Beddington ERF education and visitor centre (meeting our contractual obligations).
- Ensure that all visits are conducted safely adhering to all Viridor and site policies and procedures with particular attention to the risk assessment and safe operating procedures.
- To manage and administer the Community Benefit Fund including being a member of the approvals panel, to monitor and quantify community benefits delivered through the fund.
- To support the delivery of promotional and education activities relating to the ERF process and SLWP recycling including (but not limited to): commissioning and production of educational resources, brochures, website, public exhibitions, events, meetings, site visits, presentations on or off site.
- Supporting a range of communications, online and digital content, public relations, outreach and marketing programmes and activities designed to promote understanding of the ERF.
- To support a sustained and high profile programme of targeted promotional and educational activities encouraging waste prevention, re-use, recycling and the circular economy.
- Develop links internally between Viridor and the waste and environmental education sector and relevant elements within the resource and energy recovery sector
The ideal Centre and Community Benefits Officer:
- Educated to a high level of education (preferably to degree level or similar), with relevant qualifications.
- Experience of working in a visitor centre or similar environment and of delivering education programmes at formal and informal levels
- Experience of working with public groups from diverse backgrounds
- Good knowledge of H&S and equality requirements for public visits and operational sites
- A current valid driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes
In return for your hard work as our Centre and Community Benefits Officer, we can offer a salary of £25,000 - £30,000 per annum plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Centre and Community Benefits Officer.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.