We are recruiting for a Commis Chef at Lingfield Park Resort.
Are you passionate about working within the hospitality Industry? Then we would love you to join the team here at Lingfield Park
Lingfield Park Resort is not just a racecourse but the destination of choice for all events. Staging all weather racing, weddings, conferences and family events. As Lingfield continues to grow successfully you will grow with us.
This exciting opportunity is for an ambitious experienced Commis Chef looking for your next opportunity to part of a fantastic driven team.
The successful applicant will join a team of passionate operators who are working hard to deliver excellence in all what we do.
What will I be doing?
As a Commis Chef, you are responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Commis Chef will also be required to prepare all mis-en-place and contribute to departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure consistent great food production, in line with the high quality standards
- Perform tasks within a timely manner
- Contribute to Kitchen revenue through effective food cost control
- Provide support to the Kitchen brigade
- Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
- Meet all health and hygiene requirements
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Commis Chef serving our customers is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience as a Commis Chef or Apprentice Chef
- NVQ Level 1
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to work with a team and to follow instruction
- A passion to learn and a drive to succeed in a culinary/hospitality career
- Proof of completion in a basic food hygiene course
- A passion for food and the culinary arts
- Completion of an accredited commercial cookery course or trade apprenticeship
- Experience multi-tasking and working in an environment with rigorous standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- NVQ Level 2
What can we offer you
- 22 days Holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- A competitive salary
- Marriot International benefits
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourse and hotels across the Arena Racing Company
How to apply
If this role sounds like you then please don’t hesitate to send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary and where you saw the role advertised to email@example.comHelp