Are you an experienced Sales Executive, Account Manager or Commercial professional looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Commercial Manager for our Clarence House team in Manchester.
Joining our team as a Commercial Manager, you will manage and deliver Commercial Projects, working independently to ensure the maximisation of commercial opportunities as well as the mitigation of business risk. You will provide support to Commercial Services as and when required and engage with and develop learning and development solutions which drive improved leadership capability, project management capability and commercial awareness. Duties include:
- Lead the embedding and development of a positive safety culture at all levels across the function.
- Provide appropriate risk controls and timely mitigating actions to resolve key risks and issues
- Deliver resolution of Commercial Projects, working independently to ensure the maximisation of commercial opportunities as well as the mitigation of business risk.
- Deliver the formulation and submission of any proposed project or TARF submission in relation to Commercial Projects
The ideal Commercial Manager:
- Experience of either Project Management, Finance or contract management in a commercial environment.
- Excellent commercial awareness with ability to recognise and promote business opportunities
- Proven knowledge of the waste industry or similar
- Experience of interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable ability to contribute to and challenge strategic thinking and growth.
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Commercial Manager, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Commercial Manager.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.