We are looking for individuals who can join our mission to be the best that the industry has to offer.
We want you to bring your skills and experience to a place where you can reach your true potential.
We currently have exciting opportunities to join our transport team in our Iver depot. We have a number of vacancies available for Collections Drivers. You will be required to collect post from our customers offices as per the route provided within the time window stated, communicating any collections that are to be done late also ensuring that all documentation is completed accurately and correctly.
You will deliver all post to the Sortation Centre immediately once all collections are complete. Provide customers of Whistl with first class customer service at all times and feed-back any comments/information to your team.
- Collect daily route and special instructions
- Ensure that enough empty trays to replenish forecasted number of trays on your daily route
- Ensure that you have any mail that requires returning to customers prepared for delivery that day
- Ensure collections are done within the agreed window time.
- Highlight any collections that are going to be late and the reason for the delay to the Operations Team
- Replenish all trays collected one for one
- Ensure that the Collection Receipt is completed accurately, correctly and that it is signed by the customer
- Ensure that the trays are stacked within the van in an organised manor, sensibly.
- Deliver all collected post to the Sortation Centre immediately once collections are completed
- Provide all customers of Whistl with an outstanding level of service at all times
- Any queries or information gained from the customer at the point of the collection to be passed on to the Operations Team to be actioned
- Provide customers with support and information in the preparation of the mail
- Get to know the customers on your route and any special requirements
- Keep your vehicle clean and tidy and at all times.
- Always ensure that your vehicle is kept topped up with fuel and oil
- Perform general vehicle maintenance and report and defects to the Transport Manager
- Ensure that your vehicle is kept in a safe location, locked and with nothing valuable left in the vehicle over nigh
Driver | Collections | Collections Driver | Transport | Delivery | Courier
- Knowledge of the local area and road networks
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Must be flexible and be able to work alone
- Be able to communicate at all levels
- Experience of working with the public
- Previous experience of courier work would be an advantage but not essential
- Must have no more than 3 points on driving licence
Whistl is the second largest postal provider in the UK with an exciting range of mail, parcels and Doordrop media products and services, both in the UK and internationally. Each year we collect, sort, send and transport up to 4 billion items of mail and parcels for businesses, as well as handling, planning and managing millions of Doordrop items.