Applicants must have previous MHE experience
Monday to Friday shift pattern
The Cold Store Operative is responsible for the receipt and despatch of product through the temperature controlled warehouse, ensuring incoming products are correctly stored and located and outgoing product is correctly identified, picked and loaded.
This role is also responsible for manually lifting and moving cases, boxes and individual items of chilled and frozen products from/to pallets and containers in readiness for blast freezing, cold storage or loading for delivery
This work can be strenuous and regularly involves heavy lifting so applicants must be in good physical condition with no back or mobility problems. The product to be lifted may weigh up to 25kg.
- NIGHTS 8 hour shifts - Monday to Friday 23:00-07:00
- Inclusive annual pay £18,130 per annum (equivalent to £8.71 per hour)
- Pay includes basic pay, night shift allowance and attendance bonus
- Authorised overtime is required occasionally to cover holidays and is paid at x1.5 basic pay
- Paid rest breaks
- 28 holidays per year including Bank Holidays (holiday pay calculated using 12 month’s average earnings)
- Weekends/Bank Holidays which fall on your scheduled working days are normal working days unless holiday is authorised in advance.
- Fully funded MHE training may be available for FLT certificates.
- Immediate start available.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- Must have experience of working in a fast moving chilled/frozen warehousing environment
- Applicants must be in good physical condition with no back or mobility problems
- Applicants must have experience of driving Material Handling Equipment(including PPT, Counterbalance, Fork Lift or other trucks).
- Must be proficient in the use of RF Handheld Scanner
- A valid First Aid certificate would be advantageous but is not essential
- Should be flexible and willing to help out colleagues as requested to meet the needs of the business.
- To correctly unload and store deliveries ensuring products are correctly stored and located and pallets are labelled up with the correct details. Ensure the delivery meets the load/order requirements including reconciliation of any delivery notes.
- Manual handling cases of product will be required including handballing product as required. Includes the stuffing/destuffing of containers, inserting/removal of spacers and other manual case work.
- To correctly pick, build, load and despatch orders ensuring that paperwork is clear and concise, and pallets are labelled up with the correct details including reconciliation of any delivery notes.
- Ensure all tasks are correctly documented be that with paperwork or using the Warehouse Management System via the RF Handheld Scanner.
- Report any discrepancies and damages. Ensure any work completed that would attract extra charges is noted and informed to the office team.
- To be responsible for driving MHE in a safe and courteous manner. To monitor and report wear and tear to vehicles as well as to help prevent and report damages.
- To adhere to all Company policies, procedure and training and ensure adherence to all health and safety and hygiene rules.