TITLE OF POST: Clinical Lead - RGN
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Nurses and Senior Carer
BASIC SALARY: £40,000 + Fantastic Benefits
LOCATION: Central Bristol
To participate in ensuring that the Home provides the highest standards of person-centred care to residents in accordance with the ethos, legislation and national standards, and professional codes and guidance.
In conjunction with Nurses/Unit Managers/Senior Carers, implement and supervise a high standard of nursing care. To be physically involved in the nursing care of the residents and to meet all residents' individual needs, either personally or through delegation. In conjunction with the Nurses/Unit Managers/Senior Carers,monitor and supervise care for residents on each unit.
To provide, in liaison with Unit Managers/Senior Carers, effective clinical leadership, mentoring and, supervision to nursing/care team. Share clinical knowledge and experience with the team, offering appropriate guidance and assistance.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on key values such as dignity, respect, choice, autonomy and equality so that you can assure the best possible person-centred care is delivered. Assuring you work in partnership with the resident, their family / friends / advocates.
- To manage Nurses /Senior Carers, and provide direction to Unit Managers in meeting the needs of residents.
- Assist in the delivery of resident care, as required, including the administration of medicines, ensuring that all medications, including controlled drugs are ordered, stored, administered and disposed of in accordance with the homes policy/procedures, NMC and CQC guidance on drug administration.
- Keeping the Care Home Manager updated on individual residents' care and condition in conjunction with the Nurses/Unit Managers/Senior Carers, with particular reference to residents with unstable and/or unpredictable conditions, new residents and those in the terminal phase of end of life care.
- To ensure incidents/accidents are fully investigated and relevant forms are properly completed. Where an incident/accident involving a resident or change in a resident's condition occurs in the Home, follow up with the Nurses/Unit Managers/Senior Carers to ensure that all required documentation has been completed, in accordance with the daily record keeping arrangements for the Home including accident forms.
- Follow up with Nurses/Unit Managers/Senior Carers on a daily basis to ensure that daily record keeping is carried out in accordance with the assessment and care planning, and daily record keeping arrangements for the Home. Ensure care plans are up to date in accordance with the residents' changing needs.
- Monitor daily record keeping of nursing/caring team to ensure that residents' records are being maintained in accordance with any relevant legislation and the standards of the Home.
- Conduct performance appraisals and clinical supervisions with nursing team and Senior Carers.
- Working withNurses/Unit Managers/Senior Carers identify any training and/or supervision needs of nursing/caring team based on competency monitoring.
The ideal candidate will have
- Registered Nurse (NMC)
- Evidence of continuing professional development in the last 2 years including management training (management qualification / training qualification)
- Experience of working within a residential / nursing care home setting
- Knowledge of alternative therapies
- Exquisite Residential Care Home - based in central Bristol
- Basic £35k
- 37.5 hours per week - worked over 5 days from 7 which is generally Monday - Friday
- Pension / Uniform / Free Meals / 28 days annual leave
- Free parking