Working 4 on 4 off shift pattern
Up to 4 roles available
As a Class 1 LGV Driver at The Ice Co Logistics you are responsible for ensuring that customers receive their deliveries in a timely fashion and in good condition. Working within the frozen food supply chain you will be driving C and E category vehicles and trailer nationwide and a range of delivery points large and small.
- Working ‘4 on 4 off’ shift pattern within a 16 week cycle
- Inclusive annual pay £23,995 per annum (equivalent to £131.48 per day)
- Additional shifts when required within the Working Time Directive regulations
- Flexibility regarding working hours is required
- 20 holidays per year including Bank Holidays (equivalent to 28 days’ annual leave)
- Weekends/Bank Holidays which fall on your scheduled ‘4 on’ days are normal working days unless holiday is authorised in advance
- Immediate start available
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- You should possess a sound working knowledge of legislative and highway regulations
- You must possess a valid and clean UK Drivers licence with no previous convictions.
- Applicants expected to have experience driving LGV C and E Class 1 vehicles and have a good geographical knowledge of the UK.
- You should have good communication skills and be willing to assist customers with their deliveries.
- Should be flexible and willing to help out colleagues as requested to meet the needs of the business.
- Flexibility for nights out will be expected and sustenance allowance is paid in this situation
- Working within the frozen food supply chain you will be driving a class 1 temperature controlled vehicle based from our South Kirkby site
- To manage and organise designated delivery notes into route order and loading vehicle accordingly.
- Multi drop deliveries according to your daily schedule.
- Driving the company vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Prompt dealing with issues as and when they occur, keeping in touch with our Transport Admin Team to ensure we can keep our customers updated.
- Involves moving heavy boxes and some handballing if requested.
- Unload and reloading the vehicle by hand if necessary.
- Collecting returns.
- Ensuring all documentation is correct and submitted on time.
- Comply with hygiene, health and safety and site rules, BRC adherence and document completion