Working Monday to Friday shift pattern
2 roles available
As a Class 1 LGV Driver at The Ice Co Logistics you are responsible for ensuring that customers receive their deliveries in a timely fashion and in good condition. Working within the frozen food supply chain you will be driving C and E category vehicles and trailer nationwide and a range of delivery points large and small.
This family owned and operated business is an award winning £multi-million food manufacturer/logistics provider with a modern fleet of temperature-controlled large good vehicles delivering to food storage sites across the UK.
The role is based at our largest manufacturing site in South Kirkby, West Yorkshire. This site is close to the A1 from Junction 38 or Barnsdale Bar A639 and is within commutable distance of Leeds, Doncaster, Pontefract and Wakefield.
- Working Monday to Friday shift pattern
- Inclusive annual pay £30,144 per annum (equivalent to £115.94 per day)
- Additional shifts when required within the Working Time Directive regulations
- Overnight subsistence allowance paid at £23.00 per night
- Flexibility regarding working hours is required
- 28 holidays per year including Bank Holidays
- Immediate start available
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- Free secure on site parking
- You should possess a sound working knowledge of legislative and highway regulations
- You must possess a valid and clean UK Drivers licence with no previous convictions.
- Applicants expected to have experience driving LGV C and E Class 1 vehicles and have a good geographical knowledge of the UK.
- You should have good communication skills and be willing to assist customers with their deliveries.
- Should be flexible and willing to help out colleagues as requested to meet the needs of the business.
- Flexibility for nights out will be expected and sustenance allowance is paid in this situation
- Working within the frozen food supply chain you will be driving a class 1 temperature controlled vehicle based from our South Kirkby site
- To manage and organise designated delivery notes into route order and loading vehicle accordingly.
- Multi drop deliveries according to your daily schedule.
- Driving the company vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Prompt dealing with issues as and when they occur, keeping in touch with our Transport Admin Team to ensure we can keep our customers updated.
- Involves moving heavy boxes and some handballing if requested.
- Unload and reloading the vehicle by hand if necessary.
- Collecting returns.
- Ensuring all documentation is correct and submitted on time.
- Comply with hygiene, health and safety and site rules, BRC adherence and document completion
Pension, Healthcare, Expenses and nights out payments available