We are seeking a Civil Engineer to join a consultancy based in Cheshire. This is an opportunity to work for a well-established, highly qualified team of Civil & Geotechnical Engineers and Designers who continue to secure new and exciting projects within the Water industry. You will work on a variety of projects across the UK and Ireland including Flood Risk Management, River Engineering and Surface Water Drainage.
What does the job involve?
Reporting to the Principal Engineer and Team Leader you will assist with the delivery of a wide range of engineering and environmental improvement projects, including options appraisal, concept design, river restoration and detailed scheme design together with an input to bid and tender preparation.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering
- Experience in working on various water related projects
- Consultancy experience
- Understand current design standards, scheme appraisal guidance and flood and coastal risk management policy
- Have a demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with Team members and clients and have excellent report writing skills.
- Experience in asset inspection and site supervision would be beneficial and you will be expected to have an appreciation of hydrology, hydraulic modelling, coastal processes and other aspects related to river and coastal flood risk management