Experienced Chief Risk Officer is a required for a leading Banking and Financial Services company as they embark on the journey to achieve full UK PRA authorisation for the banking side of the business. The ideal candidate will have in depth experience of the UK retail banking industry from a regulatory and risk perspective.
The role of Chief Risk Officer is a business supportive and risk disciplined individual who provides oversight to the enterprise-wide risk management strategy and framework. The main mission is to oversee all aspects of risk management of the bank. The individual would ensure the bank meets its legal and regulatory responsibilities and develop as well as enhance and protect the reputation of the firm.
- Lead and manage the Banks UK team of dedicated risk professionals
- Monitor and report on adherence to and consistency of strategic initiatives with Board-approved risk appetite framework, risk tolerances and risk profile
- Establish, implement and maintain a comprehensive and integrated enterprise risk management framework within the organisation to cover all internal and external risks
- Oversee and develop a comprehensive process for assessing, identifying, monitoring, effectively managing, mitigating and reporting pertinent risks that could interfere with the Banks UK core purpose and ability to grow and develop its business lines
- Oversee the risk management framework including credit, investment, market, operational, conduct and compliance risk, measuring risk and providing quantitative analytical support to the lines of business in risk measurement, modelling and reporting
- Ensure that within the bank, risks are identified, measured, monitored, controlled and mitigated.
- Oversee and manage Anti-Money Laundering/Counter Terrorist Financing control activity in all relevant business areas for the purposes of establishing a reasonable threshold level of control consistency
- Identify known and emerging risks, measuring, monitoring and reporting on the Banks UK risk profile to the Risk and Compliance Committee, the Assets & Liabilities Committee and to the Board of Directors
- Manage the design and implementation of compliance activities in all relevant areas of operation
- Facilitate the maintenance of risk corporate policies including credit and counterparty risk, market risk, operational risk, conduct, compliance, information security, physical security, business continuity planning, and limit breaches and escalation
- Oversee the Banks UK Stress Testing, ILAAP and ICAAP programs, as well as RRP framework in compliance with regulatory requirements, ensuring that stress testing and capital utilization is embedded in decision-making processes
- Manage the relationship with the Prudential Regulation Authority
- Advocate and support the culture of informed risk-taking, heighten awareness and use of advanced risk management practices through training programs and coaching
- Establish a high level of trust and credibility by building and maintaining relationships with business partners, key stakeholders and collaterals
- Master's degree in business administration, or equivalent business experience
- Vast experience of progressively responsible experience for a UK regulated bank or Building Society
- Experience in partnering with an executive team
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills to deal with Senior Management Globally, as well as a strong knowledge of processes.
- In-depth risk management, audit and internal control background gained within banking and/or consultancy
This role comes at an exciting time for the bank making this position pivotal with the opportunity to have a real impact. You will receive an extensive benefits package along with flexible working arrangements so please pass on an up to date CV for immediate consideration if you have the skills and experience required.