We are looking for a Chartered Senior Civil/Structural Design Engineer to work on a permanent basis in the St Helens area. Our client is looking for someone with good water industry experience.
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience.
Key duties will include:
- Leading the civil team and providing technical design best practice
- Detailed design and analysis of structures such as bridges, shafts and water retaining structures for CAD or geotechnical design as appropriate
- Project management from feasibility to detailed design, including all technical, programme and cost monitoring
- Control and monitoring of progress against programmes
- Ensuring that design, assessments and checking of designs are in accordance with the current Standards, Codes of Practice and Best Practice
- Approval of designs, assessments and calculations in accordance with quality procedures
- Preparation of risk assessments and full compliance with CDM
- Coordination of work undertaken by external sub-contractors and design checkers
- Client management
- Mentoring junior engineers and developing their technical skills
Knowledge, skills, and experience required:
- Must be a chartered engineer with MICE
- Ideally have design and build experience
- Be familiar with Eurocodes
- Sound understanding of CDM Regulations, specifically the designers requirements
- Sound understanding of the requirements regarding the risk assessment process
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
If the Chartered Senior Civil/Structural Design Engineer is of interest to you please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!