Role: Channel Planner
Location: Central London
Day rate: Up to £300
Contract length: 3 months initial- likely to extend
This role is a fantastic opportunity to join a very well regarded central London based agency, working hands on with their industry leading client.
The focus of this role is to take ownership of data & analytics and provide useful insights to assist the wider channel planning team to drive sales across key retailers.
The ideal candidate will have experience of analyzing data using Similarweb and Brandview, then utilizing the insights gleaned to ensure the channel planning team are in step with the wider market.
The role of the channel planner
- Reporting to director level management.
- The channel planner will be expected to lead digital strategy, proving advice on how to improve online sales across key retailers
- Evaluate and advise on ecommerce, digital campaign performance and content strategy
- Analyse key metrics across client sales/ e-retail & digital campaign performance, Inc. traffic, search and affiliate networks
- Consult and advise to help optimise retail ecommerce channel activity
- Oversee, support and communicate with other channel planners in market
- Liaise with and manage insight / analytics team to provide consistent reporting and measurement across the group
Day to day tasks:
- Analysing data from digital tools (SimilarWeb, BrandView), and identifying insights
- Understanding current performance, including presence, views, search etc. across product categories and with key retailers
- Set benchmarks, targets and track performance
- Make recommendations with practical advice to improve performance
- Support business planning
- Contribute to a community of channel planners in other markets as part of the channel planning community
- Attend workshops
- Share best practice with other markets
- Monitor digital health using BrandView and SimilarWeb tools
- Manage and monitor channel insights and analytics
- Monitor 3rd party data sources to create a better 'channel health' monitoring capability
- Use BrandView to track on-site health
- Use SimilarWeb to track traffic share and web traffic trends
- Work with stakeholders to integrate other data sources - Amazon, Bazaar Voice, Channel Adviser, Adobe Analytics (WTB)
- Assist on ad-hoc projects and requests
- Provide online marketing expertise
- Provide digital strategy support for ad-hoc channel projects