We are looking for a Category Buyer to work on a permanent basis in the Halifax area.
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience.
- Create and implement category sourcing strategies utilising Category Management process
- Manage all commercial aspects of sourcing - spend analysis, tendering and business award
- Source and evaluate new products to promote cost savings and efficiencies
- Negotiate, implement and maintain supplier framework agreements
- Undertake Supplier performance reviews as deemed necessary in order to maintain Supplier performance levels for Quality, Cost, Delivery
- Responsible for driving and implementing Supplier Development programmes for category preferred Suppliers
- Drive cost reduction, VAVE activity and report all cost saving activity against agreed targets
- Supply Chain lead and support to cross divisional projects and initiatives
- Responsible for the timely conversion of requisitions to purchase orders through to purchase order placement
- Obtain written confirmation of agreed delivery dates by means of securing formal purchase order acknowledgements
- Responsibility to ensure that both Materials & Services are delivered to site in line with the delivery dates agreed with supplier
- Timely updating of the SAP system, identifying agreed delivery dates from all materials and to take proactive steps to mitigate and recovery any potential impacts to planned production requirements
- Management of any potential delivery shortages so that effective countermeasures can be jointly agreed and implemented in a timely manner
- Proactive approach to visit Suppliers as deemed necessary in order to audit "Supplier Delivery Trackers" against planned production schedules to track Plan Vs Actual
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably deemed necessary in support of on-going business requirements
- Supplier OTD
- MRP Exceptions
- Root Cause analysis of OTD failure by supplier with remedial action plans
- Cost Down targets (to be agreed for each project) and actual cost savings
Proven experience of category buying within a complex Engineering/Technical manufacturing environment, including Low Cost and Best Cost sourcing.
Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
Machining/machine parts knowledge is essential
Knowledge of Purchasing Workflow/SRM systems a distinct advantage.
Familiar with problem solving tools and techniques, problem resolution and driving the overall countermeasure proposal process.
Experience working across numerous projects and working closely with an international supply base and multiple cultures.
HNC in engineering desirable
ASME III knowledge desirable but not essential
If the Category Buyer role could be of interest to you, please Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!