L’Arche has opportunities for Care and Support Workers to join the team in Liverpool. Joining our team on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £7.83 per hour.
L’Arche is an expanding, vibrant community charity which supports people with Learning Disabilities. L’Arche provides high quality, person centred, individually tailored care and support. In a world that values winning and coming first L'Arche Communities are places where people can discover who they are not just what they can do.
We are looking for Care and Support Workers who are passionate about working with people with learning disabilities. We want people who are honest, have integrity, are hardworking, promote dignity, respect and equality. The successful Care and Support Workers will be able to support people with Autism; will be confident in lone working and supporting through positive behaviour strategies.
What we will offer our Care and Support Workers:
- All applicants must be prepared to work on a rota basis
- Hours will include weekends, evenings, bank holidays, waking nights and sleep-ins
- 28 days paid holidays (including bank holidays) given in the first year, rising to 33 days in the second year
- Excellent Training and Induction given on commencement in post including QCF Level 2
- Salary increases once confirmed in post and qualified to QCF Level 2 or above
The role involves:
- Supporting three gentlemen with learning disabilities and helping them create a home and enabling them to maximise their independence through the acquisition of new skills and increased social integration
- Supporting them in their leisure, social, practical, physical and spiritual needs
- Supporting the gentlemen with personal care with dignity and respect
- Helping people with physical needs may include some aspects of moving and handling
For further details please see the application pack
Although grounded in the Christian tradition, L'Arche Communities welcome people of all faiths and none: our vision is a world where all belong.
If you feel you have the passion and drive to join our team please click apply today to become one of our Care and Support Workers.
The successful applicants will be subject to 2 references and a fully enhanced DBS. Confirmation in post is also dependent on successful completion of the probationary period and all required training.