Domiciliary Care Assistants
Due to continued expansion new opportunities have arisen for experienced care assistants to join an established care agency within the Derby area. Our client is looking for full time care assistants to work with existing and new clients in and around Allestree, Darley Abbey, Quarndon and Duffield.
Working as part of a team, you will deliver person centred care in the client’s home.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:-
- Support clients with going and getting out of bed using the correct moving and handling techniques as per care plan.
- Support clients to wash & bath using their preferred methods
- Support clients to promote their personal appearance and self-esteem in line with their care plan i.e. hair care, nails, shaving and foot care.
- Support with toileting requirements and incontinence needs, whilst maintaining their privacy and dignity
- Catheter/Stoma care following training
- Mouth care and denture care
- Support clients to manoeuvre around their property in line with health & safety / Risk assessments
- Support clients in daily tasks: example meal preparation, eating and drinking
- Medication prompts following essential training
- Provide a companion to the client and their families to support their needs and requirements.
- Provide support for hospital appointments, doctors and dentist as and when required
- Cleaning of the home and laundry as required by the client
- Bed making and changing as and when requested by the client.
- Provide support for essential food items (shopping)
- Use own initiative with regards to requests by clients providing this is reasonable and aids the client’s independence in their home.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Desirable Diploma level 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care.
- Previous experience of delivering hands on care.
- Desirable 6-12 months previous experience.
- Commitment and passion to provide high quality care
- Flexible, reliable and able to adapt and work under pressure
- Approachable attitude
- Able to work as part of a team and individually
Early- 7am – 2pm
Late- 4pm – 10pm
Weekend on and off system which is known in advance
Ongoing training will be provided with our client’s in house trainer, including all new members of staff conducting the CQC Care Certificate, Diplomas level 2 & 3.
Salary £8.20 per hour (Monday –Friday 7am – 8pm) to £9.20 per hour (Sat, Sun, BH, and after 8pm at night) + 35p mileage allowance
Bonus scheme, Pension and incentives
Derby – driving licence essential and access to transport
Full Time (30 hrs pw) and part time (16 hrs pw) opportunities