We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and eager to learn hands on CNC Turner - setter/operator. The successful candidate will also have some basic knowledge of programming, ideally using Fanuc controls. There is the potential, for the right candidate, to receive further training to become a fully competent Mazak programmer. You will be required will work safely on a number of machines or processes and will be expected to meet set production and quality targets on a daily basis. The successful candidate will be required to work a 3-shift rotating pattern of 6am – 2pm, 2pm – 10pm and 10pm – 6am.
DUTIES OF ROLE
- Edit and modify existing programs on CNC turning centers to meet customer drawing requirements.
- Carry out manufacturing processes and/or set and operate machinery as trained, to manufacture product to meet specifications on job routes.
- Fill out job paperwork accurately documenting actions taken.
- Meet production and quality targets set on a daily basis.
- Carry out quality checks on products and record the information accurately.
- Observe Safe Working Procedure, H&S instructions and additional training while operating machinery or working on processes.
- Check emergency stops as per instructions and fill out the relevant paperwork.
- Raise any performance or H&S issues immediately with the cell leader or supervisor.
- Making sure that machinery and production areas are kept clean, maintaining a high level of house-keeping and fill out the relevant paperwork.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Performing Manufacturing Operations NVQ (desirable)
- Basic Knowledge of programming CNC turning centers using Mazak and/or Fanuc controls (essential)
- Knowledge of machining composite materials (desirable)
- Good communication skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Quality Awareness
- Continuous Improvement
- Understanding and maintaining 5S
- Leadership qualities
- Health & Safety conscious
- Competitive salary
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (33 days incl. bank holidays)
- Company bonus Scheme
- Free Parking
- Subsidised canteen
TENMAT is a leading manufacturer of advanced materials and components with outstanding mechanical and thermal properties for demanding industrial applications. The diversified product range includes, thermoset composites for wear parts and bearings, engineering ceramics, high temperature resistant materials, passive fire protection solutions and functionally graded materials. TENMAT operates an ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System for the design, development and manufacturing of specialized high performance engineering materials and components. TENMAT stands for innovation, safety products, commitment to our customers and the latest quality standards worldwide.
The TENMAT group is a multinational corporation with fully owned subsidiaries and presences in the United Kingdom, North America, France, Germany, Sweden and Italy, supported by a global network of vendors and distributors.
HOW DO I APPLY?
If you fit the above criteria, please send your CV and cover letter either by post or email to the following address:
Human Resources Officeror firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashburton Road West