We are Thomas Brown Engineering, a family run company, established in 1981. We manufacture high quality, high precision machined components to a variety of sectors, including aerospace (AS9100D accredited). We are proud of our company, our people and our contribution to UK manufacturing, and we have a plan for growth.
Our mission is to consistently deliver an exceptional, precision machining service to each of our clients. To help us to achieve this, we are currently recruiting for a motivated and enthusiastic CNC Turner - Programmer/Operator to join our team, based at our modern site in Huddersfield.
Our values are Teamwork, Quality, Reliability, Honesty and Respect. If you share these, please read on.
As a CNC Turner - Programmer/Operator working for Thomas Brown Engineering, you will both programme and operate our state of the art CNC equipment. Have a look at our machines, many of them purchased in the last 5 years at www.thomas-brown-engineering.co.uk
Duties of the CNC Turner – Programmer/Operator :-
- Programming CNC Machines from engineering drawings
- Working to tight tolerances
- Liasing with technical and production managers regarding delivery and tooling requirements
- Liaising with our inspection department to ensure quality and accuracy of work
- Completing work logs
- Seeking continuous improvements and embracing innovation
Experience we value :-
- Minimum 3 years CNC Programming experience
- Experience of Fanuc control
- Experience working within a sub –contracting environment or good experience within Precision Engineering
- Experience of twin spindle lathes an advantage, but not essential to apply. We are happy to provide onsite training for candidates that demonstrate a willingness to increase their skillset that meet the brief in other areas
The type of CNC Turner - Programmer/Operator we look for :-
- Team player who is flexible with a “cando” attitude
- The desire to offer a quality product to customers
- Willingness and desire to undertake further training and learn new skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Dedicated to continous improvement
What we offer the next CNC Turner - Programmer/Operator in return:-
- Competitive earnings of between £28,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Overtime (Time and a half) and company bonuses of up to 15%
- Shifts Mon-Thurs - 7am-5pm / 4pm-2am (basic working week of 38 hrs)
- Employee contributory pension scheme (up to 3% Matched)
- Generous paid holiday entitlement – 6 weeks
- Access to funded training for work or personal development
- Family run, forward thinking work environment
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our new CNC Turner – Programmer/Operator, please click ‘apply’ today.