A CNC Milling Programmer is required for a multi national engineering company, based in the Birmingham area. The role is a permanent contract working days Mon to Fri, paying up to £18 p/h for the right person, along with overtime and monthly production bonuses.
They're a global manufacturer of precision instruments and parts for a wide range of industries including aerospace, automotive and formula 1 motorsport industries. They have various sites all over the world with this site particularly situated in the Birmingham, boasting a large manufacturing company with a a mixture of CNC and conventional machining capabilities. Very low turnover of staff, coupled with long standing relationships with blue chip companies.
CNC Milling Programmer overview -
Responsible for Programming and Setting an Okuma 5 axis Machining Centre, to machine one off and prototype parts for the aerospace, automotive and Formula 1 Industries.
Responsibilities include -
- Programming, Setting and running a 5 axis Okuma Machining Centre
- Writing programmes offline using CAD CAM Software
- Using machine controls to programme online
- Prove out programmes ready to run
- Machining of own jigs a fixtures required for each bespoke project
- First off and final inspections of components to extremely close tolerances
- Working from 2D & 3D drawings / customer specifications directly from the customer
- Provide continuous improvement to existing programmes in order to improve the manufacturing process / reduce cycle times etc
CNC Programmer desirable skills/experience/attributes -
- Experience with Programming and setting 4 - 5 axis Machining Centres
- Be able to programme both online and offline using CAD software
- Able to understand technical drawings from customers
- Strong background in precision machining of one off / bespoke components
- Flexibility towards overtime when available
- Knowledge of aerospace or automotive quality standards
Working hours are 39hrs per week 7am - 4pm Mon to Thurs, 7am - 1pm on Fri
Package on offer -
- Hourly rate of £14 - £18 p/h for the right person
- Overtime paid at Time & 1/3 Weekday, Time & 1/2 Saturday
- Monthly production bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Free Parking
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well established business with genuine career growth and training opportunities.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.