Bromford Industries have an exciting opportunity for a CNC Miller Setter Operator to join their growing team based in Birmingham.
Job Title: CNC Miller Setter Operator (12Hr Nights)
Location: Birmingham – B24 8DW
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
CNC Miller Setter Operator – The Job:
Work within a workgroup to produce precision machined components from a variety of metals to include exotic metals such as titanium Inconel and Nimonic. To produce high quality precision parts to customer and quality specified tolerances using best practise modern methods. To contribute to the team and help to develop and maintain best practices.
CNC Miller Setter Operator – You:
- Must become familiar with quality standards and maintain and achieve specified standards at all times.
- Required to produce conforming components “right first time”
- Train and coach fellow colleagues to suit the business requirements
- Provide feedback on best practice in the area.
- Be an effective member of the workgroup structure
- Produce valued parts which contribute to the overall Daily / Weekly / Monthly production plan.
- Must have a conscientious methodical approach and excellent attention to detail.
- Must have the initiative to work on your own and in a proactive manner as well as contributing towards a team effort.
CNC Miller Setter Operator – Responsibilities:
- The running and setting CNC milling machines 4 and 5 axis
- Tool setting which includes the setting of tool geometries
- Setting and changing of fixtures, clamping fixtures and clamps as and when required
- Loading and unloading of fixtures using overhead cranes, slings, chains etc.
- Adjustment of offsets
- Capable of producing conforming first offs to drawing and quality specifications
- Achieve specified quality standards
- Conform to specified health and safety standards
- Communicate problems through work group and concern and countermeasure trackers
- Work within the designated workgroup to plan, prioritise and perform work to satisfy customer and company needs
- Assist in developing group goals and objectives
- Maintain housekeeping standards
- Carry out daily TPM activities as required
- Develop and maintain standardised work
- Provide guidance and assistance to other group members
- Identify, share and submit good ideas (best practice) to the work group.
- To perform other such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of responsibility.
CNC Miller Setter Operator – Job Challenges:
- Parts produced from a variety of materials to include titanium, Nimonic, Iconel etc.
- Maintaining specific tolerance levels when working on parts
- Updating off sets.
- Becoming familiar with processes and working practices
- Minimise the risk of producing reject parts by following the correct procedures.
- Working to SOPs (work instructions) to achieve a standard product.
CNC Miller Setter Operator – Relationships:
- Work closely with fellow colleagues to build and maintain good working relationships and exchange working knowledge and mentor where required enhancing the teams working performance.
To submit your CV for this exciting CNC Miller Setter Operator opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!