Are you an experienced CAD professional looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and are one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a CAD Technician to join our team in Rochester, working 37.5 hours a week.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a CAD Technician, you will assist in the provision of an efficient in-house engineering, drawing and technician support service by preparation of drawings using computer aided and traditional draughting methods. Duties include:
- To prepare 2D drawings and 3D models and volumetric calculations by Computer Aided Design (CAD), land surveying software and traditional draughting techniques
- Prepare and maintain standard drawings in accordance with the drawing office user guide
- Maintain CAD Standards in accordance with drawing office user guide.
- Update assembly drawings, using basic 3D modelling techniques.
- Assist the Project Delivery team, Operations, Surveyor and Drawing Office Manager in the provision of efficient drawing office services
- Assist with other activities in the Engineering department or other areas of the company as requested from time to time.
The ideal CAD Technician will have:
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of computerised drawing/draughting techniques with AutoDesk, AutoCAD software (v2013+)
- Sound operator of LSS software
- Knowledge of standard drawing presentation for various Engineering, Planning and Compliance
- Knowledge and experience of topographical land surveying techniques and OS mapping data
- Qualification in AutoCAD
- Strong communication skills alongside an ability to deliver against deadlines
In return for your hard work as a CAD Technician, we offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, pension scheme and plenty of opportunity for personal development working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a CAD Technician, please click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.