Location: Shamrock Quay, Southampton
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 38 hours per week
The company are a prestigious Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering design consultancy providing a broad portfolio of services for advanced and specialised vessels, from initial concept through to detailed design and production.
With an established background in yachts, commercial and naval vessels and significant experience across all hull form types, propulsion systems and structural materials, the company utilises state of the art technology to provide innovative design solutions and consultancy services tailored to the individual requirements of owners, operators and shipyards worldwide.
Our CAD and ICT systems are the backbone of our business and we are looking for a flexible, dedicated and forward-thinking CAD Manager to support, enhance and manage our CAD systems.
The role will involve leading in a dynamic, challenging and stimulating environment with a myriad of opportunities to apply your knowledge and expertise to a range of exciting projects.
You will be an expert within CAD with experience of high level troubleshooting. You should have experience of working with AutoCAD products, Rhino and ShipConstructor, ideally having experience of other CAD and graphics packages.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, a keen analytical and procedural mind with a professional approach and a keen eye for detail.
- Developing, communicating, implementing and administer CAD standards
- Provide day-to-day CAD support
- Develop, document and facilitate CAD data archiving processes
- Management of CAD software licensing and champion best practice within the CAD environment
- Training of existing employees and new staff to a minimum level on systems, to ensure procedures and standards are followed and systems are used efficiently
- Assist in developing a strategy for the future enhancement and improvement of the office systems, providing input to the financial budgets and forecasts for CAD and IT related spending.
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, we will give you the following:
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the holiday trading scheme up to a maximum of two weeks
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Paid subscriptions to relevant professional bodies
- Flexi-time with core hours of 9.30am – 4.00pm Mon to Thurs and 9.30am – 1.30pm on a Friday
- Free onsite parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Annual Company Regatta and regular social events
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- BMT Lifestyle Benefits, a discount portal and perks platform
Please Note: When applying for one of our vacancies, we will create a private application on our website so that the employer can view and respond to you. If you would like to update or remove your CV from our website, you can login and delete it at any time. We will send you login details when the application is made.