C++ / Linux Software Developer
Overview of Main Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work as part of an agile team concentrating on developing software tools for substation automation & intelligence. The technology is based around C++, Linux and Docker and interfaces to both big data and our own bespoke hardware. Throughout the process you will be require to pay special attention to the internal quality management system to ensure that all the required steps are completed.
Reporting to the Development Team Leader, you will work as part of a multi skilled team focused on delivering to deadlines and quality. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in leading the technical design and implementation of software solutions. They will be self-motivated with strong team focus.
5+ year’s relevant experience.
Skills / Experience:
- Familiar with development targeted for Linux.
- Solid understanding and application of C++ 11.
- Experience of C++ Unit testing frameworks.
- Understanding of source control systems, ideally SVN.
- Experience working to quality standards.
- Experience in the specification and management of software solutions.
- Take responsibility and ownership of projects & tasks.
- Good attention to detail and focus on producing quality software.
- Able to be flexible and determine changing priorities.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- Experience working with Docker.
- Experience working with Buildroot.
- Experience of writing and maintaining product API’s.
- Experience using agile methodologies, particularly KanBan and Scrum.
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact KO2 embedded recruitment solutions.